The teams at Bytex build scalable and easy to maintain Web Services that are used by our clients for things like collecting and analyzing security parameters by Cyber Security Analysts or gaining access to their workspaces.
The scalability and maintainability of our services are based on business logic structured into multiple loosely coupled layers that together build our final product.
We follow the Agile development methodology, which implies having a close and constant collaboration with our clients’ representatives in order to properly handle each implementation detail and to assure the quality of the software we build.
We are seeking a skilled, experienced software engineer that is passionate about ensuring the continued success of our Sensor Storage products. The Storage Engineer will be a key member of the team that maintains, optimizes, and evolves the software platform that supports open-source Zeek on the sensor. This role will work closely with other teams in Engineering, as well as Customer Success, Product, and our hardware and manufacturing partners to understand opportunities for making our product run more smoothly, reliably, and efficiently. This is a great
opportunity for someone who is passionate and committed to designing, building, and maintaining Linux-based and cloud-based system and communications infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of software development on Linux or other Unix-style platforms
- Experience with hardware storage devices (configuration, management, scripting)
- Experience with Unix shell scripting (such as bash)
- Experience with common open source development workflows and tools (such as
Git/GitHub/GitLab, make, CMake, or CI systems)
Nice to have
- Experience programming in at least one popular systems-oriented programming
language (C/C++, Golang, Python → in order of importance)
- Experience working with embedded systems
- Experience with networking
- Experience with multi-threaded applications in production environment
- Experience with Hardware Storage devices
- Experience with physical and virtual appliances, or embedded systems
- Experience working with, or on, Zeek
- Knowledge of network protocols and network security
A Note on Experience
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Open office policy - Work from Anywhere and Utilities expenses coverage
Extra days off & Bi-monthly team lunch / activities
Offers for dental and optical clinics & medical subscription & sports discounts
Access to learning platforms & Bookster subscription
Good coffee and snack at the office & discounts at coffee shops nearby