Site Reliability Engineer
Although DevOps is more of a concept than a role, we offer a large spectrum of services. From process and pipeline automation, infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD to system administration and infrastructure operations, we promote a strong collaboration with the development and QA teams, which ensures the delivery of the best solutions to our clients.
One of our customers is building the homes of the future. The intelligent operating system connects to IoT devices in the home and using the latest AI and Machine Learning technologies, adapts the home to the resident’s preferences. This product’s real-time predictive systems deliver the convenience, feeling of security, and savings in time and energy that allows residents to live in a home that works for them.
As an SRE engineer, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineers to design, deploy, and operate our development and production systems. You should have the skills to work on any components of a system, from the hardware up to the applications, and the flexibility to adapt to rapid change.
- You will support the deployment and management of the devices that are part of our home installations. Reliability and uptime is critical.
- You’ll be taking responsibility for monitoring production systems, as well as helping to resolve any operational issues that come up.
- Collaborate with development, field operations, and vendors around the world.
- Help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
- Configure and support development, testing, and production environments, including hardware, OS and application layer software.
- You will act as a technical expert for computer system administration, for development, production and administrative systems.
- Communicate consistently and clearly to understand plans, needs, and issues of your customers, whether they are software developers or residents.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong background in Linux system administration, proficient in the use of common tools used for installation and management of systems.
- Well versed in the IP networking model, the networking and application stack concepts, and ability to diagnose problems in specific layers.
- Experience using version-control control tools, especially git.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies and cloud services (experience with Docker and/or AWS is a plus).
- Comfortable with configuration management and deployment tools, like Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with SQL databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL. NoSQL experience with Redis is a plus, too,).
- A working understanding of common programming languages, such as Python, PHP, Perl, Ruby, Bash shell scripting.
- Awareness of best practices and security procedures in an always-up, always-available service.
- You must be comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional boundaries.
- Career growth: learning platforms, annual budget for trainings, conferences etc.;
- Others: health care, kitchen snacks, quality coffee, massage at the offices, work from home, flexible hours.
Let’s meet and discuss this opportunity!
WANNA WORK WITH US?
If you want to apply for this position, please fill in the form or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.