Site Reliability Engineer (customer facing)
Although DevOps is more of a concept than a role, we offer a large spectrum of services. From process and pipeline automation, infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD to system administration and infrastructure operations, we promote a strong collaboration with the development and QA teams, which ensures the delivery of the best solutions to our clients.
As an SRE engineer, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineers to design, deploy, and operate our development and production systems. You should have the skills to work on any components of a system, from the hardware up to the applications, and the flexibility to adapt to rapid change. This position requires working on an afternoon shift (16:00-0:00 / 18:00-2:00 EET).
- You will support the deployment and management of the devices that are part of our home installations. Reliability and uptime is critical.
- You’ll be taking responsibility for monitoring production systems, as well as helping to resolve any operational issues that come up.
- Collaborate with development, field operations, and vendors around the world.
- Help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
- Configure and support development, testing, and production environments, including hardware, OS and application layer software.
- You will act as a technical expert for computer system administration, for development, production and administrative systems.
- Communicate consistently and clearly to understand plans, needs, and issues of your customers, whether they are software developers or residents.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong background in Linux system administration, proficient in the use of common tools used for installation and management of systems.
- Well versed in the IP networking model, the networking and application stack concepts, and ability to diagnose problems in specific layers.
- Experience using version-control control tools, especially git.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies and cloud services (experience with Docker and/or AWS is a plus).
- Comfortable with configuration management and deployment tools, like Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with SQL databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL. NoSQL experience with Redis is a plus, too,).
- A working understanding of common programming languages, such as Python, Perl, Bash shell scripting.
- GoLang knowledge is a big plus.
- Awareness of best practices and security procedures in an always-up, always-available service.
- You must be comfortable with collaboration, open communication, and reaching across functional boundaries.
Open office policy - Work from Anywhere and Utilities expenses coverage
Extra days off & Bi-monthly team lunch / activities
Offers for dental and optical clinics & health subscription & sports discounts
Access to learning platforms & Bookster subscription
Good coffee and snacks at the office & discounts at coffee shops nearby
WANNA WORK WITH US?
If you want to apply for this position, please fill in the form or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.