Ruby on Rails developer
The teams at Bytex build scalable and easy to maintain Web Services that are used by our clients for things like collecting and analyzing security parameters by Cyber Security Analysts or gaining access to their workspaces.
The scalability and maintainability of our services are based on business logic structured into multiple loosely coupled layers that together build our final product.
We follow the Agile development methodology, which implies having a close and constant collaboration with our clients’ representatives in order to properly handle each implementation detail and to assure the quality of the software we build.
We’re looking for an Ruby on Rails developer to work on a fully integrated scheduling, payments and automated marketing platform, specializing in large multi-location chains and franchises.
This is a generalist role working on both the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally. You will work closely with a talented team of UX designers and engineers to implement and ship scalable and well-tested features in our highly available platform. You’ll strive to create responsive pixel-perfect web UIs while simultaneously solving scalability problems and handling complex business logic. The application is used by millions of consumers and tens of thousands of employees each month to interact and transact with one another in the modern era. The team is responsible not just for writing code, but ensuring that it gets deployed and works properly in production.
- Design, code, test, debug and document new and existing components to ensure that the software meets business, quality and operational needs.
- Drive and participate in code and document reviews, mentoring team in best practices.
- Collaborate with peer organizations, devOps, support organizations on technical issues and provide guidance.
- Interpret and translate business needs to technical requirements and make accurate estimates.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality and performance is achieved.
- Work with team to troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently.
- Focus on scalability, security and availability of all applications and processes.
- Manage technical roadmap and technical debt elimination, balancing time, resource, and quality constraints to achieve business and strategic goals and requirements.
- Motivate and educate team members on coding standards and best practices, both within the team and as part of the architecture group.
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience, with at least 2 years building Single Page Applications, Ruby on Rails and Angular is a plus.
- Experience working with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL;
- Some experience with Memcache and ElasticSearch is preferred;
- Some experience with AWS products (EC2, ECS, RDS, S3, ELB) is preferred;
- Comfortable writing test suites and specs in our test-driven environment;
- Experience with performance analysis and optimization across the stack;
- Self motivator with strong communication skills;
- Degree in computer science or a related field is preferred, but not required;
WANNA WORK WITH US?
If you want to apply for this position, please fill in the form or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.